Crestwood Neighborhood Association
Membership Meeting Minutes
June 17, 2016
Justin Cliburn, President
Micah Legall, Vice-President
Nancy Kitchen, Treasurer
Doris Carder, Secretary
Deanne Cliburn, Newsletter
Chris Turner, Web Administrator & Design
Donna Stiles, Member-At-Large
Dana Deal, Member-At-Large
Bryan Boone, Member-At-Large
Aaron Barton, Member-At-Large
Seddie Barber, Member-At-Large
Kimberly McCauley, Member-At-Large
Michael Kovach, Member-At-Large
Carter Faison, Member-At-Large Member-At-Large
Haligh Kenney, Member-At-Large
John Encomienda, Member-At-Large
Mart Troy, Member-At-Large
Andrew Rakel, Member-At-Large
Kelly Shock, Member-At-Large
Don Burnett, Member-At-Large
Mrs. Burnett, Member-At-Large
This meeting was held at the Crestwood Neighborhood Median at 6:30 p.m. to collect membership dues and discuss upcoming events and future projects.
Financial Report: Nancy
- Amount on deposit at MidFirst Bank: approximately $1003.65, after membership dues collected
o $275 collected in membership dues
o Nancy Kitchen donated $100 & Justin & Deanne Cliburn donated $100 toward the sign toppers for Crestwood Neighborhood
o Expected cost is approximately $700 for all of the peripheral street signs around Crestwood Neighborhood
*We are allotted $1,000.00 per year from the City for water usage on the Median. We have to apply for that $1000.00 grant every year.
Gardening On The Median
- Justin and Deanne purchased solar lights for the Crestwood signs at each entrance of the Median.
- Doris Carder planted Salvia, Coreopsis, Canas, Creeping Christians, and purple petunias on the Median around the flag pole and at each entrance sign on 19th St. for Memorial Day.
- Don and Doris planted a Crepe Myrtle donated by Lowes on the 19th St. Median west of the flag pole.
o Pictures were taken of everyone by the Crepe Myrtle to post on Facebook on the Crestwood page and Lowes’ page to thank them.
- Don and Doris trimmed branches off the trees by the flag pole.
- Don and Doris transplanted overgrown flowers throughout the Median to other parts of the Median.
- The membership voted for the sign toppers that match the Crestwood signs already in the neighborhood.
- Each sign topper should cost approximately $21 with an additional $10 installation fee per sign.
- The estimated cost for sign toppers for the peripheral signs around the neighborhood is approximately $700.00.
- The membership agreed to try to purchase the peripheral signs for now.
- Deanne, Alicia, Nancy, & Doris helped with the newsletter, but Deanne was the one who primarily worked on it to completion.
- It was printed and delivered on time before the meeting.
Crestwood Neighborhood Mugs
- Deanne is still delivering them to new neighbors as a welcome to our neighborhood.
Sustainability Grant from OG&E
- Justin explained about a grant from OG&E (1 of 3) for the neighborhood who has the best sustainability project this summer.
o OG&E is giving 3 grants this summer to the neighborhood in Oklahoma City that has the best sustainability project.
§ It can be a fund raiser for improvements that better our environment; it can be energy efficient improvements to our homes (collectively) or Median; recycling projects; whatever we can think of to work on as a neighborhood to conserve energy, preserve the ecosystem we have, and save…
§ Any and all suggestions are welcome; we don’t have much time and we need to get started right away!
- Donna Stiles told the membership about OG&E coming out to her house to do an energy analysis and how beneficial it was and would be to others.
o It is something the Association could do for the OG&E Grant.
o There were no further votes on whether to do this or not.
Animal Waste Receptacles for the Median
- Justin explained the state Parks and Recreation will provide and install pet waste receptacles on the median and provide the bags for them so long as our association agrees to keep up the median.
- Everyone in attendance agreed it was a good idea.
- Justin is contacting the state Parks and Recreation to see what we need to do.
- We need at least one new receptacle.
- We were spending about $200.00 per year on bags so it will be a great savings if the Parks and Recreation will supply them in the future.
- Micah Legall is still in charge of this and requested volunteers to assist him.
- TLC donated a “Yard-of-the-Month” sign and a monthly $50 gift certificate for the yard chosen each month for five months ($250 total).
The meeting adjourned at approximately 8:30 p.m.
General news and events for the Crestwood Neighborhood Association
Come Be a Part of our Neighborhood!
Our community is over 90 years old, and we are eager to welcome new families into it. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. For any questions, email the CNA president or ask your local Realtor. If you're part of the neighborhood already, join us on Nextdoor.