July 12, 2016
Justin Cliburn, President
Micah Legall, Vice-President
Doris Carder, Secretary
Deanne Cliburn, Newsletter
Aaron Barton, Member-At-Large
Amy Krokstrom, Member-At-Large
Andrew Rockel, Member-At-Large
Becky Leath, Member-At-Large
Dana Deal, Member-At-Large
Donna Stiles, Member-At-Large
John Encomienda, Member-At-Large
Matt Nagle, Member-At-Large
Tim & Dee Anne Holt, Member-At-Large
Tim Troutman, Member-At-Large
Wendy Gabrielson, Member-At-Large
This meeting was held at the Crestwood Neighborhood Median at 6:30 p.m. to discuss upcoming events and future projects.
- The membership agreed to start on the sign toppers for the peripheral entryways into the neighborhood for a cost between $500 and $600.
- Justin and Deanne will start working on it.
- Donna Stiles, Micah Legall, and Aaron Barton each for the sign toppers.
- Any other donations may be given to the Neighborhood Alliance of Central Oklahoma for the Crestwood Neighborhood Association Sign Toppers.
- We’ll probably need to get another one out in September.
Crestwood Neighborhood Mugs
- Deanne is still delivering them to new neighbors as a welcome to our neighborhood and gave some out to new attendees, Amy Krokstrom and Wendy Gabrielson.
Sustainability Grant from OG&E
- Justin explained about a grant from OG&E (1 of 3) for the neighborhood who has the best sustainability project this summer.
- Donna Stiles told the membership about OG&E coming out to her house to do an energy analysis and how beneficial it was and would be to others.
Animal Waste Receptacles for the Median
- Justin explained the city Parks and Recreation will provide and install pet waste receptacles on the median and provide the bags for them so long as our association agrees to keep up the median.
- Everyone in attendance agreed it was a good idea.
Justin is contacting the state Parks and Recreation to see what we need to do.
- We need at least one new receptacle.
- We were spending about $200.00 per year on bags so it will be a great savings if the Parks and Recreation will supply them in the future.
- Micah Legall is still in charge of this and requested volunteers to assist him.
- TLC donated a “Yard-of-the-Month” sign and a monthly $50 gift certificate for the yard chosen each month for five months ($250 total).
- Doris requested to make the area around the two dead tall pine trees a bird sanctuary by attaching bird feeders and houses to the trees and putting a bird bath in between the trees.
The meeting adjourned at approximately 8:30 p.m.
General news and events for the Crestwood Neighborhood Association
Come Be a Part of our Neighborhood!
Our community is over 90 years old, and we are eager to welcome new families into it. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. For any questions, email the CNA president or ask your local Realtor. If you're part of the neighborhood already, join us on Nextdoor.